Let it be perfectly clear – Kratom is LIFE CHANGING.
Unlike many questionable supplements peddled over the internet, it’s almost guaranteed to produce results.
WHAT IS KRATOM?
- Kratom (also known as “mitragyna speciosa”) is a psychoactive plant native to Southeast Asia.
- It is an opioid (NOT an opiate), which acts primarily on the δ-opioid receptor (also known as the “delta” receptor). Because it acts primarily on these receptors rather than the “Mu” receptors that painkillers such as morphine activate, it is much milder and therefore also much less likely to cause addiction or dependence.
WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS OF KRATOM?
- Increased motivation – It can provide a sudden inner ‘drive’ and calm focus to complete tasks/goals.
- Increased energy – Somewhat like a cup of coffee, Kratom can perk you up and increase alertness.
- Eliminating anxiety – Kratom can DESTROY feelings of general and also situational anxiety, such as going on first dates.
- Reducing pain – Treats soreness and minor physical symptoms of pain effectively.
- Suppressing appetite – Hunger is usually reduced to a moderate degree while using Kratom.
THE DIFFERENT ‘STRAINS’ OF KRATOM
- FAST – Energy, Productivity, Focus, Sociability, Motivation. (Generally causes less euphoria.)
- MODERATE – Effects vary; Somewhat in-between Fast and Slow strains, with a mix of effects from both.
- SLOW – Crushes anxiety, Very euphoric, Deep Relaxation. Possible Sedative (in higher doses).
DETERMINING THE TYPE OF STRAIN
The best general indication of a strain’s “speed” is by color (usually shown in the name). Different strains have different colored veins on the leaf. The colors can be:
- RED = fast
- WHITE = moderate
- GREEN = slow to slow-moderate
Another way to determine speed is by country of origin. Generally, most strains from Thailand = fast, and most from Borneo or Bali = slow (these strains are usually just called ‘Bali’). Other than that, most other strains are moderate (including some strains which are a blend of different options).
METHODS OF TAKING KRATOM
(NOTE: Although Kratom is legal to possess, buy, and sell – it cannot be legally sold for the purpose of human consumption, since it is not approved by the FDA. It instead has to be sold as an incense – therefore, when people online talk about Kratom, they will refer to “burning” it rather than drinking or ingesting it. You will also see the word “aroma” used, which refers to the effects that Kratom produces when used.)
- Toss n’ Wash: Measuring the amount of powder you wish to take, putting the powder in your mouth with a spoon, then taking a swish of water to mix the Kratom in your mouth before swallowing. The most efficient way to take it, but can be tricky the first few times.
- Mixed into Water or Juice: Putting the powder into a cup, mixing it with water or juice and then drinking the mixture.
- Making a Tea Out of It: Time consuming method, but many people prefer to take Kratom this way –refer to the original instructions written by Bold & Determined: How I Became Happy, Calm, and Motivated by Using Kratom .
HOW TO “BURN” (USE) KRATOM FOR THE FIRST TIME
In general, you want to burn Kratom on an empty stomach.
If you have never tried Kratom before, are using a new strain for the first time, or haven’t burned more than 15 times total, follow these instructions:
- Burn 3 to 4 grams (you should feel something within 20 to 30 minutes if using high-quality Kratom purchased from a good source). Also, note that some people only need 2 grams for a solid aroma and others need 5 — it is best to play it safe. You can always try again later on.
- See how you are feeling after 30-45 minutes.
- If you aren’t quite where you want to be, burn 1 to 2 more grams (if you feel nothing by now, you probably have low-quality Kratom. This is our RECOMMENDED vendor: Happy Hippo Herbals)
- See how you feel after 15-30 minutes.
- If you still wish to take it up a notch, burn .5 to 2 more grams.
- Once you feel good, let the aroma ride for about 4 to 5 hours. Don’t attempt to keep “chasing” it – just feel it out.
- After 5-6 hours have passed, repeat the process with the SAME strain.
As a new Kratom user, you’ll most likely need 3 to 5 grams total. If you’ve eaten food recently, it might be closer to 6 grams. If you weigh below 155lbs, 2 to 4 grams is probably where you should begin. Females (that are not overweight) fall into the 1.5 to 2.5 gram range.
- Stay Hydrated – Kratom dehydrates you, so make sure to drink plenty of water. Hydration increases the quality of the aroma as well as prolonging it’s effect.
- Empty Stomach – It is best to burn at least 3 hours after eating. If you decide to burn sooner then that, you may need to add an extra gram to make up for the loss in aroma. Conversely, if it’s first thing in the morning and you haven’t yet eaten breakfast, it may be a good idea to take a gram less than normal so the Kratom doesn’t hit you too hard and fast.
- Rotate Kratom – If you notice the quality of your aromas is diminishing, it’s often due to your tolerance increasing. Rotating types (“strains”) of Kratom keeps your receptors fresh, and reduces tolerance. Various methods of ‘rotating’ strains will be discussed in Part II of this guide.
- Sweet Spot – What you’ll often find is that fewer grams can actually produce a better aroma than a larger dose. There is often a ‘sweet spot’ for Kratom on the amount of grams that works perfectly for you. After a bit of burning, you’ll learn this with experience.